Beef tripe - 2lb
White onion in small cube - 3 oz
Garlic finely chopped - 1 oz
Oil - 1 oz
Beef stock - 1 Qt
Chick peas (cooked previously)
Salt - as needed
Pepper - as needed
Guajillo chilis, rehydrated and dveined - 10 ea.
Bay leaf - 4 ea.
Epazote leaves - 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
Lemon wedges - 8 ea.
1. Cook the beef tripe in abundant water and salt, rinse thoroughly and reserve.
2. Saute the garlic and onion in hot oil, add the guajillo chilis and fry lightly.
3. Pour in the beef stock and bring to a boil, mix the mixture in a blneder and strain.
4. Fry the strained liquid and add the tripe and the bay and eapozte leaves, finish with chick peas and season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve with coriander leaves and lemon wedges on the side.
Source: No Recipes.